Kassandra II Ref
• 16 R2R converters per channel, complimentary current output using the top grade Analogue Devices AD1865N-K with 8 converters per bank, 16 per channel.
• Eight discrete ultra-low-noise regulators for the 4 converter banks.
• Extensive local decoupling,using tuned LC filters.
• Over engineered power supplies, power input filters.
• Transformer I/V conversion with custom wideband transformers, balanced current to single ended voltage conversion.
• Internal Super-Clock by-passable on the fly. , triple regulated supply.
• Transformer loaded super tube output stage using the E280F tube. 5:1/10:1 step down transformer & double choke filtered supply.
Output range: - 30Vpp output @ 0db 10Vrms (5Vrms on -6db setting)
User selectable output: 10v @50ohms or 5v @12ohms
Output: 2 x RCA -True Balanced output standard. Floating RCA output switchable(ground loop resolver)
Output impedance: ~50ohms (balanced and SE output), 12ohm at -6db setting
USB input: up to 24/384KHz
Jitter attenuation: down to femtosec level
Dimensions: 540mm W x 520mm D x 165mm H
Jitter measurement of a typical isochronus USB transport .
This is the jitter present on the word clock of the transport before even the spdif transmission to the dac.
Jitter measurement,present on the wordclock of the converters of Kassandra dac, using the USB transport.
Jitter distribution measurement, of word clock synchonising the 24 converters of the Kassandra DAC, with the internal reclocker enabled, using the same USB converter.
Jitter distribution, after double reclocking of the wordsync clock.